Minutes, Occupy Medical, 11/14/12

Apologies for not posting sooner! These are the minutes from our Wednesday night meeting 11/14/12. In attendance are Becca, Ben, Bill, Deb, James, Jerry, Karen, Leigh, Majeska, Sue, Susan, and I apologize if anyone else was there whose name I forgot to write down.

1. Grand Opening with clinic tours 2-5 at the park blocks (8th and Oak, Eugene), 11/17/12. Kiva is donating food. Invitations are distributed. We will doublecheck on parking.

2. Introducing Becca Perry, roving therapist. Her Orientation is via Sue.

3. Media: Trifold brochure is in process. Corrections were recommended. Leigh will distribute for approval via email and will share at meetings for those who don’t have email.
The Occupy Eugene newsletter does not have correct information about our clinic. Sue will contact Vickie to correct this.
We have received an offer of donated quarter-page and half-page flyers, which were reviewed and approved. We might place an ad in the Vagabond paper as well as the Eugene Weekly, for volunteers.

4. Title transfer: The title to the bus needs to be signed over to Occupy Medical from Jerry.

5. Parking: We are finalizing a secure parking space for the Bus, most likely at the SVDP Service Center on Hwy 99; Sue is meeting with Terry from SVDP on Monday afternoon about this.

6. Hygeine and Safety Protocols: Lina and Deb are finalizing written SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Leigh will help write this. Currently, each Station is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing its work area before shift. We will do deep cleaning at scheduled intervals.

7. Powering the bus: Occupy Engineer Joe Tindall will diagnose the safety of our “shore power” with Jerry, Bill, and James. This team is investigating the best way to obtain quiet power for the bus. The City requires a very expensive rock-concert-level insurance (the type that insures a for-profit enterprise against mass casualties) in order for us to run an extension cord to the Park Blocks outlet. We can’t afford this.

8. Painting: We consensed on singage for the Bus exterior, to include our logo. Graham is overseeing the artwork and painting.

9. Nurses: Recruitment efforts were made by Bill at the SNA (Student Nurses Association) fundraiser. Prospective nurse volunteers will liaise with Karen, who leads the Nurses Station.

10. Tent: We continue to need the big tent for the Gorilla Salon, as well as dry waiting space for patients. The tent must be spread/hung to dry after use. Deb volunteered her garage space, and James has been using his garage space. We will continue to seek folks with garage space who can help us preserve our tent.

11. We discussed a recent news article (11/13/12) regarding an incident on 4/25/12 in which some of our patients were assaulted by police, after which one officer resigned (4/30/12). Medical injuries were sustained, but the Occupiers pled guilty. Video of the incident is to be released. We will continue following these events as they unfold.

12. No meeting on 11/21/12, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Next meeting Wednesday, Nov. 28th at 7 pm.

Posted by Leigh

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s