Being asked to do things beyond our scope of practice
-Each team will handle things around scope of practice
Brooke reported back and there is a triage -> doctor choke point.
Maybe the Mission can treat lice.
Maybe the medication is over the counter.
People who say they have lice should not be on the bus.
Patients do not hold their own chart.
We need runners to get people to help with various things, including getting people for the different stations (doctor, triage, etc..).
Volunteer application has been put together.
There are some changes that Brooke will make to the form.
Martin rocks! We LOVE Martin!!!
Policies need to be made about treatment of animals and children.
Mental health team should feel free to intervene when this mistreatment is happening.
We need to learn about how to handle these situations: Agenda for retreat?
We need to remember we are mandatory reporters. Can we get mandatory reporting training?
On Sunday reports of child abuse go to 911.
Last weeks clinic:
We saw 28 people.
We would like to have people not playing and smoking right outside the bus.
We are seeing who have dealt with police brutality.
What about contacting lawyers in town that would be willing to help our patients.
Donna has applications for people to get $500/year dental care, but they have to have a lot of qualifications which our people probably won’t meet. Donna will keep the applications on time.
-Cindy has some dental resources.
OHP is opening slots and section 8 is opening slots.
Jerry will follow up with Lena about Dental
Do we want to take the bus?
We should have a table. We need some kind of presence.
We’ll look into tabling.
501(c)3 is almost done! Whoo whoo!!!
Larissa and Cindy got twinkle fingered into the group.
Do Karen and Martin want to work on this? Yes – Karen does! So does Martin!
Karen is taking an inventory of what we need and keeping an eye on it.
Karen and Martin are going to help people with boundary issues.
Do we need plastic shelving?
Water: we do have some in the back of the bus. It is being given out at a little of a time.
Patients need vitamin A.
Jerry and Elliot went to Costco to get a tent donation.
They have not gotten back to us. What about BiMart?
Should we park in BiMart on Sunday?
The brochure needs to be updated, Leigh will do that.
We need a printer.
Jerry will call a potential printer.
Can we get them to translate them into spanish.
We need to document the number of volunteer hours that we are putting in. Brooke will make a form for us to document.
Leigh will put together a protocol for when labs are needed by the doctors.
When a patient needs labs: a doctor will fill out a triplicate form that the patient needs labs, etc..
then lab sends the results to the doctor.
Eugene urgent care.
Sarah M is going to look into matching funds from Legacy Labs. Hopefully we’ll have money for labs.
Patients need to be somewhat reliable in order to run labs. How to determine that? Cindy can help follow up too.
We have 2 new pastors.
Pastor Tom has helped out.
Can the pastors come in civvy clothing? Brent and Tom.
Vistors will be asked to wear visitor tags at our discretion: name tags with occupy medical visitor.
Discussion ensues about helping Cindy’s patient with the wound care situation.
Susan is going to explore the potentials of a wound vac.
Medgift.com is a website resource.
In April the Oregon Medical Association is having their statewide meeting and the focus is on poverty.
Road trip to PDX April 19.
April Road trip: recruiting at medical schools.
Permission for capsule purchase.
Sue has a bunch of groovy herbs she needs to put in capsules. We’re going to buy capsules.
We need a different person to take notes and to facilitate.
To set agenda: pass around agenda on a piece of paper.
The day we have people coming. They are bringing lunch, and money for prescriptions. 11:30 – 12, and then 12-2.